May 8, 2017
Stop COLLABORATE and LISTEN!
On this episode we welcome a new sponsor IOGRAPHER who make the
iPhone case that I leverage for all of my live streaming video.
Giving away an iOgrapher case and 1 Vlog Like A Boss book by Amy
Tweet out: "I'm listening to #FOMOFanz podcast and want to
win an @Iographer case & Vlog Like A Boss book"
I believe in the power of
collaboration and often give a keynote called "We > Me" so on
this episode I broke down the 10 keys to driving collaboration
- Don’t throw technology at a people problem
- Sharing of knowledge requires a mindset shift, don’t force this
change TEACH it!
- Celebrate collaboration success stories demonstrating
productivity and value gained compared to doing it the old
- Create procedures and policies that allow digital dinosaurs and
digital natives to meet in the middle.
- Incentivize managers to redefine workflow and key performance
indicators to include collaboration tasks and goals.
- Create a culture of collaboration by including collaboration
practices in everyday tasks such as meetings, group messaging,
conference calls, document sharing and company wide
- K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) adoption of collaboration
tools must focus on simplification of basic tasks as the mindset
shift is massive therefore the technology must increase
productivity not add steps or time.
- Establish an emotional intelligence baseline as with increased
transparency and trust comes more exposure of mistakes therefore
everyone on the team must understand the proper way to encourage
continued collaboration after mistakes are exposed.
- Define collaboration long term goals but include short term
wins that allow for group validation to motivate and inspire the
team both inward and outward.
- Re-evaluate tools and technology on a regular basis as today’s
collaboration tools are now growing beyond a singular SaaS based
solution to include artificial intelligence, hardware
Collaboration is nothing new and most organizations today
understand the importance of teamwork and departments and business
partners working together to reach mutual goals. More and
more often the adoption of collaboration tools and strategies is
driven by the fact that millennials now make up over 50% of the
current workforce and are traditionally the biggest champions of
collaborative work environments. Although collaboration is
seen as an essential element within today’s business culture many
companies still lack the key components to drive change.
Go visit our sponsor at https://www.iographer.com/